Board of Directors
A Board of Directors with Mission Relevant Experience and Essential Skills for Governance and Oversight
To carry out Board responsibilities, FRA recruits members from:
- URA's Broad Membership base—90 US universities engaged in guiding the future of FNAL.
- The University of Chicago Representatives—leadership, scientific resources, reachback, and expanded collaborations with ANL.
- Illinois University Representatives—strengthens local and state support, and intellectual reachback through joint appointment.
- Industry—best practices to deliver the most science per dollar
- The National Laboratory Community—benchmarking and collaboration within the National Laboratory System.
- International Representatives—connection for performing research within the new international paradigm for particle physics.
FRA Board Members
- Andrew R. Baden—Chair and Professor, University of Maryland
- R. Russell Betts—Dean of the College of Science and Letters, Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT)
- Marta Cehelsky—Executive Director, Universities Research Association
- Priscilla Cushman—Professor & Co-spokesman of SuperCDMS, University of Minnesota
- Robert A. Eisenstein—Director, Santa Fe Research Alliance for Science
- Lisa Freeman—Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies, Northern Illinois University
- S. James Gates, Jr.—John S. Toll Professor of Physics, University of Maryland
- Ian Halliday—Former Chief Executive, UK Particle Physics and Astronomy Research Council; President, European Science Council
- Dean Helms—President, K. Dean Helms Consulting
- Donald Levy—Vice President for Research and Argonne National Laboratory, University of Chicago
- Daniel R. Marlow—Professor of Physics, Princeton University
- Jeffrey D. Richman—Professor of Physics, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Robert Rosner—William E. Wrather Distinguished Service Professor, University of Chicago
- Duane Schmoker—Senior Vice President, URS Corporation
- Lawrence Schook—Vice President for Research, University of Illinois
- Sally Seidel—Professor of Physics, University of New Mexico
- Ian Shipsey—Julian Schwinger Distinguished Professor of Physics, Purdue University
- Lawrence R. Sulak—Chairman Emeritus, Boston University
- Michael Turner—Rauner Distinguished Service Professor, University of Chicago
- Joseph T. Walsh, Jr.—Vice President for Research, Northwestern University